Tips for safe shipping
It’s important that your device is safely packaged. Please pay particular attention to the padding: it’s necessary to avoid any additional damage during transportation. Hard disk drives are especially delicate devices and any impact may compromise them further.
Please note: send only the storage device to Kroll Ontrack and not the whole computer.
Always use extra care in preparing and protecting your parcel.
Here are some tips:
- Wrap your device with bubble wrap and/or an antistatic bag
- Put it in a box approximately double the size of the device, and insert protective material (polystyrene, paper, etc.) all around the device to make sure it does not move around in the box
- If you are sending more than one device, allow for extra space and place protective material between them as well so that they do not touch
- Before you seal the parcel make sure to enclose the completed paperwork
- Cut out and paste the shipping label to the outside of the parcel. The label and shipping instructions are found in the relevant page of the documents you received
If you require any assistance please contact your Data Recovery Specialist
See below for a video tutorial on how to remove the hard drive from a desktop or laptop computer. The procedure may be slightly different depending on the make and model of your machine.
How to remove an hard drive from your computer.